wheres your essay?
What is Social Democracy and why should we care more about it?
Social Democracy is a political philosophy founded around Marx’s time.
Initially, social democracy referred to socialism but later came to mean a political philosophy favoring reform over revolution as a way to achieve socialism. After the second world war, most social democratic parties abandoned the goal of socialism, and the label “social democracy” came to mean support for a welfare state in a capitalist economy.
In general modern Social Democrats support the following.
- A mixed economy consisting of both private enterprise and government-owned or subsidized programs of education, health care, childcare and related social services for all citizens.
- An extensive system of social security (although usually not to the extent advocated by socialists), with the stated goal of counteracting the effects of poverty and insuring the citizens against loss of income following illness, unemployment or retirement.
- Government bodies that regulate private enterprise in the interests of workers and consumers by ensuring labor rights (i.e. supporting worker access to trade unions), consumer protections, and fair market competition.
- Environmentalism and environmental protection laws; for example, funding for alternative energy resources and laws designed to combat global warming.
- A value-added/progressive taxation system to fund government expenditures.
- A secular and progressive social policy, although this varies markedly in degree.
- Fair trade over free trade.
- A foreign policy supporting the promotion of democracy, the protection of human rights and where possible, effective multilateralism.
- Advocacy of social justice, human rights, social rights, civil rights and civil liberties.
- They also often support gay marriage
If 1 in 10 teens are gay, then statistically, there are two gays in each of my classes… I’m one, so where’s the other one? Come out come out wherever you are ya little shit
JANUARY 8? WTF!